Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Memoir Monday January 19, 2009 Christmas


It was cold. The bells were ringing, the winds were whistling, and the chilly snow was touching my hand. At last it was Christmas! I love Christmas, all the presents, the snow and best of all, family. There are just two things about Christmas that I don’t like. When I was very small I spent one of my Christmas with my Grandparents in India and a few months later my Grandfather died. Then, it was Christmas again. I was in Switzerland. Christmas I always spend with my parents and some friends but that year it was different and I spent it with my Cousins, Uncle, Aunt and Grandmother. A few months later very early in the morning we got a phone call. I thought I had heard the phone ringing in my dreams but a few hours later my Dad woke me up and said that he had to leave for India. I knew it had to do something with the family and I supposed it was my Grandmother. So I asked my Mom and she said that my Grandmother had died. I was shocked at first but then I realized what everybody says that, that is the cycle of life.


Mehr Eliezer


9 comments:

Mathieu said...

hey heres my memoir
http://blogking-mathieu.blogspot.com

Camila said...

Mehr,
I like your story although it's sad. I'm sorry for your loss. . .
It's a good story I like the way it's worded.

Victoria said...

Mehr,
I love your memoir! I almost cried when I heard about your grandma and grandpa.

Ally said...

Your memoir is very suprising. I like how you described Christmas.

Alejandro said...

mehr your memoir was very descriptive

Giovanni said...

both your grandparents died within 2 years of each other ? man talk about hard hits!

Ines said...

It's a really good story, I can barely put myself together to write about a friends granparent dieing, and you could write about this.I respect you for your bravery Mehr. :)

Sabrina said...

Merh i really like your story but im glad that you got to spend christmas whith your gandmother and grandfather after all.

Anonymous said...

good story

its sad that ure grandma died