Monday, November 23, 2009

That Christmas


What are you going to do on Christmas? My friends would ask getting ready to brag about their plans.Easy just like A.B.C i would reply in a flash.The perplexed look n their face assured me that they were defenetely clueles.

You see, I would explainevery year we stay at home and do the same thing all the time...

But i was really wrong... that year I went to Switzerland all alone!!! On the other hand my parents went to India for my Mom's treatment.

I lived with my aunt and uncle and my grandmain that mansion called house.

I reached there on the 24th mnorning. Because of the jetlag i slept till christmas. I woke up in the morning waiting for my parents to enter the room like they always did. but oh wait I forgot they were in India. just like A.B.C i went to take a warm bath and change my clothes... i went down for breakfast and noticed that some thing caught my eye.

Small little particles of snow fell like snow on the ground. i got my sweater, gloves, boots, and hat. I ran, ran, ran out the door watched as the snow fell delicately on my eyelashes. making me blink faster. I made a really really bad snowman, climbed up the hill, and made a beutiful snow angel. I stopped running and thought about my parents. It was my first Christmas without them.

My cousins and family entered the room. Pulling my used to be rosy red cheecks. My family sang christmas songs... the phone rang and mygrandma picked up

Yeah she is here, she would whisper. ok!!! Bambi!!!

I ran and wondered who would call

i picked up the phone and heared a familiar voice Mom... Dad

That winter I learnt something...
Family is always with you even if you are miles apart.

No comments: