Wednesday, August 25, 2010

i didnt deserve

Clad in my freshly washed blanket, I was awoken with a knock on my door. I looked at the clock on my side table, 3:45 A.M… I couldn’t believe it-My head was electrified with fury. I put on my slippers and rushed to get the door. In front of me were two men, one looking at a piece of paper which he gingerly transferred to the other hand; I could surmise they were both police men. Right when he saw me, he stretched his neck and cleared his throat.

He tried to speak…but the grimace on my face turned his words upside down. He scanned me with his eyes and found the abrasion I got when I fell off the horse; I covered it with my sleeve. I let them come in and they sat down on the chair right beside the table I brought my chair in a cursory and laid it on the rug, I sat on it. They questioned me about such gruesome acts. How could somebody do that? … What had I done? What had I done to deserve this?

I am no crook, I can’t kill a fly, but they asked so many questions my hands started to sweat my body felt dehydrated. They asked me questions… What had I done? What had I done to deserve this?

They blamed me for killing the poor old man with the vulture’s eye. They tried to endeavor the words out of my lips. I denied and denied but they insisted it was me. But I knew who it was; the rotten young man next door smoked cigarettes and left them on my lawn. He said he will pick it up but if my horse eats it…my husband would kill me. So it was all up to me to pick it up.

But they still doubted me. I told them they were wrong but they said they will come back and check again. I let them do an inventory around the house- which apparently they didn't find anything, but they couldn't corroborate their statement.

Beacuse
They had no proof, they had no proof, they had no proof.
They had no proof… they had no proof…they had no proof.

No comments: