I sit on the bed orange sheets and blue pillows lurking on the side of the lazy mattress. The clothes on the chair, shirts on one handle and shorts on the other. Moms furiously red with anger. Mumbles to pick it up but my mind is gone far away. She rushes out the door wearing the topaz earrings that one I had too but are now lost in between the lines. My maid comes walking slowly because she knows the huge mess she will find.
Ideas hide behind the piles of homework…Of unwritten reports, unmade notes, and unread books. The recent ideas hang around but the rest run away, the keyboard untouched its screen dusty. The typed words wait alone to be completed, to have a tale behind the story.
The dusty books with bookmark 10 pages marked. Its post it’s sticking out trying to grab a breath, a gasp, a last word. The books piled up in a huge tower of tomorrow. I run my finger down the spine scrambling the author’s names a week ago, a month ago, and the waiting to be read and admired.
This year I want to be more responsible, finish the book I was writing and read more.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
merh I thought this was very good i could picture ever little thing you said in my head..you have great imagrey! and I also liked the sentence where you say
"The books piled up in a huge tower of tomorrow" good job :)
Post a Comment