Sunday, September 19, 2010

Honey brown eyes

Up's and downs
curves and curls
grab on tight

You sit there over
chains and rails

I want to let go but don't want to fall
he talks to her with honey brown eyes
that flicker like the stars in the night
she curls her long blond hair
not even the bright lights of Coney Island can
hide my outraged face

Her words slip out her lips like
sand in your hands
I try to eavesdrop
over the nerve wrecking noise

We go down
my hair
blows back
airtime strikes
and my heart skips a beat

I look back
she curves her
locks behind her ear
and runs her

pale
pink
perfect

Fingers over her diamond earring

The ride stops but my pain doesn't
they hold hands to get
cotton candy

My stomach twist like a corkscrew
I still felt the rumbling and roaring
of ascending
and the panic of the
first drop

No comments: